After all it is my Birthday today and I wanted to bake a cake for myself rather than running to the cake shop to get one done.There is a DIY cake shop nearby that lets you decorate your cake but I wanted to do something more than just decorating.So I stuck to my thought of preparing this custard cake in the microwave.
Lil Angel was excited to know that I was baking a cake for she has already seen me baking the Microwave banana nut cake .She ran into the kitchen along with me and joined in to ‘help’. She wanted cup cakes. I wanted to experiment here, so I prepared the batter and poured a little into just one. It got baked in 10seconds flat!! I just could not believe it. Since I have baked only a couple of cakes in MW I was not sure if I got it right.
|Baked in 10 seconds and gone in 5 seconds!!|
Lil Angel tasted the cupcake and beamed and it was all that needed to assure me it was all right.
However, I baked it like a regular cake instead of cupcakes and they turned out to be excellent. Got done in 5 minutes! I was so glad that I decided to bake this cake. This is the kind of cake that you could bake when there are unexpected guests or when your little one wants something sweet to munch on or when you suddenly crave for an instant cake.
Microwave Eggless Custard powder snack cake
Source :My Diverse Kitchen
All Purpose flour - ¾ cup
Vanilla flavored custard powder – a little more than ¼ cup
Baking powder-a little less than ¾ teaspoon
Sugar – ½ a cup
Butter – 75 grams,at room temperature
Milk -125 ml
1. In a mixie jar, beat milk , butter, sugar till creamy.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk till you get a smooth batter
4. Grease a microwave proof dish and pour in the batter
5. Microwave on high for 5 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean when poked. Check if it cooked from the 4th minute onwards, every minute. Timing varies with the microwave and the quantity of ingredients.
6. Let it rest for 5 minutes inside the oven.
7. Remove and cut into slices and serve!
Are you wondering what is in that cup? Lil Angel preferred to have cup cakes so forced me to crumble the cake and ‘make’ cup cakes for her! Weird is the mind of the child!!!
Sending this to cake to BB-9 -Holiday Buffet hosted by Nupur of One Hot Stove.
This day that year...
2008 - Utterly delicious Jackfruit Payasam
Bon Appetit and Happy B'day to me !!!