Along with the customary sundal,I thought it would be nice to prepare another dish for this years Navarathri.I read somewhere about this vada and looked for it and came to know that it is prepared specially for the fasting time It is so delightfully crunchy that it would be a great match with a hot cup of tea / coffee..
Sabudana Vada | Sago Vada
Potato-2 ,peeled ,boiled and mashed
Sago / Sabudana- 1 cup
Roasted peanut - 1/2 a cup,coarsely crushed
Green chillies-2 ,finely chopped
Coriander leaves-1 tablespoon,finely chopped
Salt to taste
Lemon juice-1 teaspoon/ to taste
Oil for frying
- Soak Sago in water [just enough to cover it] till it is a little soft.[The time may vary.Mine needed to be washed in hot water and it was ready!!Some varieties need to be soaked for 2-3 hours].Drain the excess water.
- in a bowl put in potato,sago,peanuts,green chillies,coriander leaves,lemon juice and salt.Mix well.
- Heat oil for frying.Take a small piece of this dough and drop into the oil.If the oil is ready the piece will come up immediately . Bring the heat to medium.
- Make small balls out of this dough and flatten them.
- Gently drop them in hot oil and fry them till golden brown.
- Drain and serve with chutney/ ketchup.
|Sabudana Vada served with Coriander chutney and ketchup|
This crispy crunchy snack is going to be served at
Srivalli who is hosting Kids delight-Finger foods.
CFK event-Festive foods hosted by Suma @ veggie platter ,an event started by Sharmi.
I hope this qualifies for these two events coz this recipe was totally 'approved' by Lil Angel and she loved it so much that she had this instead of lunch!!!
Only series-Festive foods hosted by Preeti @ Khaugiri,an event started by Pari
Virtual Party Snacks hosted by Sowjanya of Ruchika Cooks an event started by Sabitha
Bon Appetit and Happy Dussehra...
Labels: Diwali Savories, Party Snacks, Snack Bar, Vegan varieties