I am in the process of upgrading my clicks in my older posts and the first of tehm is Semiya payasam /Seviyan kheer.Do take a look...
Yesterday Preethi of Khaugiri and Preethi Ram of Preeti's culinary passed on the 'One Lovely blog' award.Thanks a bunch dear girls :).I have posted it here.
Coming to today's post,it is prepared specially for Priya of Priya's easy and tasty recipes who has chosen Divya's Chef in You for this months edition of Tried and Tasted,an event started by Zlamushka and now being carried on by Lakshmi of Kitchen Chronicles.
A very simple and flavorful pulao that I paired up with another recipe from DK's blog-Bread raita.They were perfect together.You can prepare this from the scratch but I had leftover rice and used it instead.
Recipe source - Chef In You
Leftover cooked rice-3 cups
Boiled chickpeas-1 cup
Vegetables - 1 cup,chopped[Carrot,peas,fresh corn]
Cardamom -2 pods
Fennel seeds-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a large pinch
Salt to taste
Toasted whole grain bread cubes to garnish
Corianderleaves to garnish
- Microwave the vegetables[Peas,corn and carrot] for 8 minutes or till done.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add the fennel,bay leaf,cloves,cardamom.Add onion and saute till translucent.
- Put in salt,turmeric,cooked veggies,chickpeas,left over rice and mix well.
- Sprinkle a little water if it too dry.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame for the flavor to blend.
- Serve hot garnished with toasted bread cubes,raita.
Recipe Source-Chef In You
Plain yogurt/curd -2 cups
Whole grain bread cubed -2 slices
Red chilli powder - to taste
Toasted cumin powder-1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Toast the bread cubes and keep aside.
- In a bowl whisk together salt,chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Just before serving add the bread cubes.[If added earlier the bread cubes will turn mushy and mix with the raita and there wont be any bread cubes left].
- Serve with the pulao
Labels: Ingbread, KLBRice, Perfect pair, Raita, Recipes with Bread, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side, Yumm Yoghurt