Aloo Baingan Curry

Sometimes it so happens that I try certain recipes from certain blogs and then they turn out great and I click them and then either leave it my cam or in my PC and then move on.This is not intentional though.My craze to try out recipes and to prepare something new is the culprit.

There were a couple of posts sitting in my drafts for a year and luckily Ria announced Tried and tasted -Sindi Rasoi and I posted all that was in my drafts.Almost half a dozen.Again it happened .Priya of Priya's easy and tasty recipes chose Divya's Chef in You for this months edition of Tried and Tasted,an event started by Zlamushka and now being carried on by Lakshmi of Kitchen Chronicles.I have already blogged around a dozen of her recipes and have a couple of them in drafts and here is the chance to post them all!

Today's post is a simple curry of Potato and Brinjal- Aloo Baingan curry.



Aloo Baingan curry
Recipe source Chef In You

I used:

Brinjal - 1 large
Potato-1 large,peeled
Onion-1,chopped

Mustard-1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Cumin powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
Asafoetida powder-a pinch
Ginger,grated-1/2 a teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil-2 teaspoons
Coriander leaves to garnish

  1. Cube the brinjal and potato and keep them under water.
  2. Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard,cumin seeds,asafoetida powder,ginger
  3. When the mustard pops add the onions and saute till translucent.
  4. Next in goes turmeric powder and potato cubes.Sprinkle water and cover and cook till it is 80% done.
  5. Put in red chilli powder,cumin powder,coriander powder,salt and mix well.
  6. Add the brinjal,mix well  and sprinkle more water if required and cover and cook till the brinjal is soft.
  7. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.


Aloo Baingan Curry


Sometimes I forget what recipes are posted here and I thought it will be nice to read something from the 'past'.So here it is...This day that year ...


2009 - Baby Potatoes with fenugreek leaves,a recipe I tried out from Komal Taneja's cookbook.

Bon Appetit...




Labels: , , ,