Onepot meals are everyone's favorite.They are filling and quick to make.So when I saw this recipes in Alka's Sindi Rasoi,I tried it out without a second thought.She uses fresh Methi leaves.Since I don't get them here,I used Kasuri methi.
The original recipe is here.
Rice – 1 cup
Kasuri Methi-2 tablespoons
Mixed vegetables [I used peas,potato,carrot and beans]
Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Fresh red chillies-2,slit
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Rinse the rice and soak it for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile heat a little oil in a pressure cooker and sauté the vegetables for 5 minutes and keep aside.
3. In the same pressure cooker,heat a little oil and put in cumin seeds.
4. When it splutters ,sauté the ginger garlic paste.
5. Add onion and sauté till light brown.
6. Next put in tomato,chillies and cook till tomato is soft.
7. Add kasuri methi and mix well.
8. Drain the rice and add to the cooker along with the vegetables,turmeric powder,garam masala and salt.
9. Add 2 cups water[Adjust water according to the quantity you use]
10. Mix well and pressure cook for 10-12 minutes or 2 whistles.
11. When the pressure releases,mix gently and serve hot with a raita / gravy/ pickle of your choice.
This one is also off to Ria who has chosen Alka's Sindhi Rasoi for Tried and tasted this month;It is an event started by Zlamuska and carried on by Lakshmi.
Labels: Cooking with herbs / flowers, Herbs, KLBRice, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties