Kadhambam in Tamil means 'variety'.This chutney has a variety of ingredients that makes it more tastier.A simple one to go with Idli / Dosa.
Mint leaves- a handful
Coriander leaves- a handful
Urad dhal-1 tablespoon
Tamarind extract-1 teaspoon
Ginger-a small piece
Salt to taste
Seasoning is optional.
- Heat a pan and roast urad dhal till it turns brown but not charred.Keep aside.
- Pour oil into the same pan and put in tomato,onion,red chillies and saute till onion is soft and tomato gets mushy.
- Put in mint and coriander leaves and stir well.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- First powder the urad dhal.Into the same jar add the tomato-onion mixture,tamarind extract,salt and grind to a paste using a little water.
- Remove to a serving dish.
Sending this to Jagruti's Complete my Thali event.
Labels: Tamil Nadu Cuisine, tiffinsides, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side