A soft and tasty flatbread from the kitchens of Gujarat..It has a hint of spices and nutritious fenugreek leaves.Since fresh fenugreek leaves were not available,I used Kasuri Methi .I found many variations for this recipe and stuck to this one.
Whole wheat flour -3 cups
Kasuri Methi -2 tablespoons[or fresh methi a small bunch]
Thick curd-1 cup
Chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a large pinch
Coriander powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Sesame seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Serve with Yogurt / Mango Pickle or any side dish of your choice.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a lrge bowl.
- Put in curd and mix well.
- Add water little by little and make a smooth dough .
- Let it rest for 15 minutes
- Knead again.If it too stikcy after 15 minutes add more flour and knead.
- Pinch out balls and roll out into chapthis using a little flour if needed
- Cook on a hot griddle till brown spots appear on both sides.
Sending this to Nayna who is hosting -Taste Of Gujarat
Labels: Bread Basket, Gujarat, Methi