So,the other day when I wanted to make some chutney to go with breakfast,I went across the backyard and got a handful of coriander and mint leaves and used it with tangy tomato.The taste was absolutely stunning,after all,it was prepared using homegrown herbs.
Tomatoes-3 ,roughly chopped
Urad dhal-2 tablespoons
Coriander leaves-a handful
Mint leaves- a handful
Tamarind paste-1/2 a teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a pan and roast the urad dhal ad red chillies till the dhal turns brown.Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and saute onions till soft.Put in the mint and coriander leaves and switch off the flame.Mix well.Cool.
- Powder the dhal red chillies.
- Next add the tomato-herbs mixture,salt,tamarind paste and grind to a paste.Add little water if necessary.
- If the tomato is tart skip the tamarind paste.
- Increase or decrease the herbs ratio to suit your taste
This is for Siri's Healing foods,this month hosted here with the theme Tomato.
A small reminder about the $100 giveaway.Take a look at this post and comment to be a part of the giveaway.