This month Nupur has announced BB6 and I was delighted to see the theme.We can blog any recipe that we have tried from another blog.My reason for happiness-I have many entries for her event :)
A couple of days ago I tried this Onion Chutney from Geetha's blog.Although I prepare onion chutney by another method,this one is a keeper.Tangy and yum,a perfect side dish for our morning breakfast.
Onion- 3 ,sliced
Tamarind extract - 1 tablespoon
Urad dhal-1 tablespoon[white]
Salt to taste
Mustard- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1/2 a teaspoon
Curry leaves - afew
Asafoetida powder- a pinch
- Heat a little oil in a pan and put in urad dhal and redchilles.Fry till the dal turns brown ,remove from heat.Keep aside.
- In the same pan ,heat the remaining oil and saute onions till translucent.Cool.
- Powder the dal and chilli and put in onion,salt and tamarind extract and grind to a paste but not too smooth.Remove into a serving dish.
- In a smaller pan,heat oil and put in the ingredients under seasoning.When it splutters,pour over the chuney,mix well and serve.
- This chutney must be tangy so add tamarind pieces/ extract accordingly.
- Grind the dhal first and the onions for a perfect chutney.
Labels: tiffinsides, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side