Steamed rice-2 cups,grains separate
Soya beans - 1/2 a cup,soaked overnite and pressure cooked till soft.
Capsicum-1 large,deseeded and finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Green chillies-3 ,slit
Curry leaves- a few
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds,curry leaves,slit green chillies.
- When the cumin crackles,put in onion,capsicum and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add the cooked soya beans,salt and rice.
- Reduce the flame,add a few splashes of water if it is too dry and cover and cook for 2 minutes or till the water is evaporated.
- As you are aware I don't prefer spicy food and hence if you like your food to be spicy feel free to add freshly ground pepper powder towards the end of the cooking.