A long time ago,I had soaked up soyabeans for kurma and after cooking it I found that it was more than what I needed and hence I took a small portion of the cooked bean to use later.Given a chance I tend to whip up flavored rice with anything and everything and this soya went in with rice along with capsicum.Use colored bell pepper to seduce your eyes or if you don't have them use whatever is present and seduce your tastebuds.
Steamed rice-2 cups,grains separate
Soya beans - 1/2 a cup,soaked overnite and pressure cooked till soft.
Capsicum-1 large,deseeded and finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Green chillies-3 ,slit
Curry leaves- a few
Salt to taste
Remove from flame and serve hot....
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds,curry leaves,slit green chillies.
- When the cumin crackles,put in onion,capsicum and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add the cooked soya beans,salt and rice.
- Reduce the flame,add a few splashes of water if it is too dry and cover and cook for 2 minutes or till the water is evaporated.
- As you are aware I don't prefer spicy food and hence if you like your food to be spicy feel free to add freshly ground pepper powder towards the end of the cooking.
Labels: Capsicum Recipes, KLBRice, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties