I do not get fresh fenugreek leaves here.I love it a lot but I don't even have a little space to grow it.So the last time I went from India,I made sure to take a few packs of Kasuri Methi [dried fenugreek leaves] with me.The recipe here has a hint of masala and lots of fenugreek leaves.Since the leaves are dry,it does not taste as bitter as the fresh ones and hence even Lil angel enjoyed the meal.The addition of fresh coriander leaves also lend a delicate taste to the paratha..
Whole wheat flour-3 cups + for dusting
Dried fenugreek leaves / Kasuri Methi-1/2 a cup
Turmeric powder-a large pinch
Chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
Finely chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- In a large bowl,out in all the ingredients and mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead to a firm dough.
- Pinch out golf sized balls[or smaller if u wish] and roll out dusting a little flour if needed.
- Heat a griddle and cook each side till brown spots appear.Drizzle oil around the edges if needed.
- Serve hot with a side dish of your choice.
Masala Methi Paratha served with braised tofu and yoghurt.This nutritious chapathi is being shipped off to Priya who is hosting Think spice-Think Fenugreek event in her blog.Think spice event was conceptualized by Sunita of Sunita's World.