Sana's version of Homemade Poha Chivda is actually not deep fried but roasted in a pan.Perfect for today's climate....
I made just one change.She used green chillies.Unfortunately I did not have it so used red chilli .
Poha/Pressed rice/Aval - 1 cup
Peanuts- a handful
Roasted channa dhal[Dalia]-a handful
Curry leaves -a few
Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Sugar-1/2 a teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and put in poha.Stir it on medium heat till it curls up[thin variety] or turns crisp[thick variety].It will a few minutes.Remove onto a plate.
- In the same pan heat oil and put in all the other ingredients except sugar and salt.Fry till the nuts are brown.
- Put in the roasted poha and mix well.
- Remove from heat and let it cool on a plate.
- Add salt and sugar and toss well.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
A perfect snack on a chilly evening with a cup of piping hot coffee!!
I also made Mera Lazywala Maggi from Sana's blog..Check it out too..