Its been a long time since I posted any soup recipe.Today I am going to serve you a delicately flavored Potato and leek soup that became a new favorite in our house.I have always seen leeks at the farmers market and I didn't have any recipe to put it into.One day I saw this soup in Davids blog and the very next day got a bunch of these green leaves and turned it into a soup.David's version is a lot thicker than mine but since we like thin soups before dinner I made this version with a few minor changes.
Leek-3 stalks,cleaned and chopped
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel,quarter and pressure cook the potatoes till soft.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in cumin seeds
- When they crackle add the chopped leeks and saute till soft.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Puree the potato and leek with a little water.
- Heat a pot and add the bay leaf,enough water/vegetable stock and the puree.
- Mix well and let it come to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Potato-Leek soup served in my favorite soup bowl garnished withBon Appetit...
sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
Labels: Slurpy soups, Vegan varieties