This vegetable stew is a wonderful side dish to prepare when you are desperate to clean the contents of your refrigerator.Its also handy when u have very few vegetables and wondering what to prepare.Sounds intriguing?
Well,this is one such curry where you can throw in any vegetable and add a little coconut milk for extra flavor and you will find your folks begging you to make it often!!!!
Red bell pepper-1
Green bell pepper-1
Boiled garbanzo -a handful
Coconut milk-1 cup
Cinnamon-a small piece
Chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Remove from flame and serve as a side dish garnished with coriander leaves....
- Chop all the vegetables into even sized pieces and microwave adding a little water on high for 5 minutes till almost done.[all vegetables except onion,garlic,tomato]
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin,Cinnamon,cloves,bay leaves.
- When it crackles add onion and garlic.
- Saute till onion is translucent.
- Put in tomato and cook till soft.
- Put in cooked vegetables,coconut milk,boiled garbanzo beans,chilli powder,salt.
- Adjust the consistency by adding a little water if required.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes
Does this sound familiar??It ought to !!!Its very similar to South Indian Kurma!!!!
This flavorful stew is off to join the other dishes @ AWED African,an event started by dear Divya
Labels: Flavors from across the border, Green Peas, Vegan varieties