This is just like the regular tomato rice but with a briyani touch
Basmathi rice- 1 cup[washed and soaked in water for ½ an hour]
Tomato-2 large ,chopped
Garlic-5 small pods,chopped
Grated ginger-1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Channa dhal-1/2 a teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Cinnamon- a small piece
Garam masala -1 teaspoon
Bay leaf -1
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooked and put in the mustard,cumin seeds,channa dhal,curry leaves,bay leaf,cinnamon,red chillies.
2. When the dhal turns brown add the onion ,ginger and garlic.
3. Saute till the onion turns translucent.
4. Put in tomato and cook till mushy.
5. Add 2 cups water,salt,garam masala and bring to boil.
6. Drain water from rice and transfer rice into the cooker.
7. Pressure cook for 10 minutes or till done.
Serve hot with Raita / Crispies.
Labels: KLBRice, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties