This is a mildly flavored rice that is easy to prepare and can be done without much supervision.
I used :
Rice-1 cup [Washed and soaked in water for ½ an hour]
Colored capsicum-1 cup chopped
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a deep microwave proof dish put in oil, cumin seeds and onion and cook for 2 minutes on high or till onion is soft.
2. Put in capsicum, mix well and microwave for 2 minutes.
3. Add 2 cups water, salt, pepper, drained rice, mix well, cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes or till rice is cooked. Stir twice in between.
4. Let it remain in the microwave for another 3-5 minutes
5. Remove from microwave and serve hot.
Labels: Capsicum Recipes, KLBRice, Microwave Magic, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties