I did not want to miss this month's edition of AWED hosted @ Tasty curry leaf.The theme this month is the exquisite Greek cuisine!!
I made this Kolokythakia Tiganita- A very tasty and easy recipe which turned out to be very crunchy and yumm.
Zucchini - 1 ,thinly sliced
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
- Prepare batter in a large bowl.Put in flour,salt and soda & prepare a batter of coating consistency.Beat well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dip the Zucchini slices in the batter and drop them in oil.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Remove from oil into a plate lined with absorbent paper.
- Serve with a dip of your choice.
The key to crispness is in slicing the zucchini very thinly.
Labels: Flavors from across the border, Goodies from veggies, Party Snacks, Snack Bar, Vegan varieties