These soya crisps are totally awesome and addictive but quite guilt free.When these replace a bag of potato chips all I can say is that are as flavorful as the chips yet you won't mind munching another handful.Try them and you will fall in love with these golden nibbles.
Soya beans- 1 cup
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/8th teaspoon
Salt and chilli powder to taste
- Soak soya beans overnight or for 8 hours
- Drain the water and add the oil and turmeric power.Mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spread a handful of soya on a microwave proof plate and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to another plate and keep aside
- Repeat till the whole batch is done.
- After a few minutes the soya will turn crisp.
- Transfer them in to an airtight container ,sprinkle salt and chilli powder,toss well and store.
In case the soya does not turn crisp after a few minutes,microwave them again for a couple of minutes and leave them out for a while.The cooking timing will vary on the quantity of soya used per batch.
Sending this to Susan's MMLA,hosted by Crispy Cook
Labels: Microwave Magic, Snack Bar, Vegan varieties