Kosambari with a twist.

The other day I was talking to mom about the no cook event event and was discussing about the recipes I had in mind.Immediately she came up with a list of dishes and this was the first one.Each and every time there is an event going on here,I turn to mom for her suggestions.She is one great inspiration for my blog!Thanks mom!!

Kosambari is a typical Karnataka salad of vegetables and lentils. A very healthy one that not fussy and the one that is served in the wedding and during festivals at home.

Though it requires seasoning, I have modified it so that we really don’t miss the 'left–out' stuff but tastes just as yum!




I used:

Moong dhal-1/4 cup
Cucumber-1 ,small,peeled and chopped
Carrot-1,small,grated
Green chilli-1,deseeded and chopped
Grated ginger-1/4 teaspoon
Cumin powder-1/2 a teaspoon
Salt to taste
Lemon juice to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish

1. Wash moong dhal and soak till it softens but still has a light crunch.
2. Mix together all the ingredients,garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.




This simple salad is being sent to Sudeshna's Carnival of Salads , Divya's Show me your salad event and to the no cook event hosted here in my blog.

Bon Appetit..

Labels: , , , , ,