Kaala Channa Sundal

One day out of the blue hubby asked why I don't prepare sundal!Yes, thought,it was a long time since I made it,long in the sense, after Navarathri I hadn't thought about it.So a couple of days later I surprised him with Kala channa sundal as his tea time snack.




I used:

Kala channa - 1/2 a cup
Coconut grated-2 tablespoons
Mustard- 1 teaspoon
Jeera-1/2 a teaspoon
Channa dhal-1/2 a teaspoon
Urad dal -1/2 teaspoon
Red chillies-2,broken
Curry leaves- a few
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon

Soak the kaala Channa over night.Drain the water for the kaala channa and add fresh water to it and pressure cook it for 15 minutes or till soft.It should not get mushy.Drain and keep aside


Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard,jeera,channa dhal,curry leaves,red chillies and when they splutter and dhal turns brown,put in cooked kala channa,coconut,salt.Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.


Remove from heat and serve.



Bon Appetit...

Labels: , ,