This is again one of the simplest soups I have prepared.You can omit coriander in this recipe but by adding it ,the soup gets a lovely aroma and wonderful flavor!!
Onion-3 tablespoons,finely chopped
Garlic-1 tablespoon,finely chopped
Coriander leaves –a handful,finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Blanch tomatoes. You can either do it on a stove top by making a couple of slits in the tomato and drop it into a pan of water. Wait till the skin peels and remove from heat. Alternatively the same can be done in a microwave too.
2. Remove the peel and puree the tomato without adding water.
3. Heat a pan with oil and sauté onion and garlic till soft. Add the coriander leaves and sauté for a minute.
4. Put in the tomato puree [adjust the consistency by adding water,if required]
5. Bring to a rolling boil and simmer for a couple of minutes.
6. Remove from flame, add salt and pepper and serve hot.
- Adding coriander leaves while cooking brings about a wonderful aroma and taste.
- You can also use butter to sauté the onion and it will heighten the flavor.
Labels: Slurpy soups, Vegan varieties