When there is rice leftover from the previous meal,I love to convert it to a one pot meal.An addition of any kind of vegetable,some spices with the rice can take the left over rice to new heights.Sometimes even the absence of spices makes it an interesting dish like this cabbage rice.
This rice can be put together in a matter of minutes and has minimum spices and is best for someone who like to have a meal without spices.The aroma of spices may induce nausea when you are expecting your bundle of joy and since this has no overpowering spices,it is ideal dish.Moreover it just takes a few minutes to prepare and also has the some vital nutrients.
Cooked rice-2 cups
Capsicum-1 ,cut into strips[I used red]
Onion-1 small,finely chopped
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Pepper powder-1 teaspoon[Increase or decrease to your taste]
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Finely chopped spring onion greens to garnish
A tasty meal ready in a matter of minutes!!
- Heat oil in a pan and put in cumin seeds.
- When they splutter,add onions and saute till transparent.
- Put in the capsicum and cabbage and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice,salt and pepper.Mix well.
- Serve warm garnished with spring onion greens.
- You can use butter instead of oil to saute the vegetables.
- If serving this to children you can sprinkle a little grated cheese instead /along with spring onions.
- Can use green chillies instead of pepper powder.
Labels: KLBRice, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties