I had prepared sundal for each day during Navarathri but couldn't post them all.When I saw this months theme for JFI,I was glad that I had clicked a shot of Rajma sundal.So sending it across for JFI-Rajma hosted by Divya @ Dil Se,an event started by Indira of Mahanandhi.
You need :
Rajma-1/2 a cup
Coconut grated-1 tablespoon
Red chillies-2 broken into bits
Grated ginger-1/2 a teaspoon[optional]
Curry leaves- a few
Salt to taste
- Soak rajma overnight and discard the water the next morning.
- Pressure cook rajma with sufficient water for 20 minutes or till soft but not mushy.
- Drain water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard, jeera,red chillies,grated ginger,curry leaves.
- When the mustard crackles,add the cooked rajma,grated coconut and salt.
- Mix well and let it cook for 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve as a snack with coffee/tea or as an accompaniment for any rice dish.
Labels: Snack Bar, Vegan varieties