Remember the black beauty from the Ven pongal post?I am just about to reveal it’s identity.
I had got a sesame seed chutney recipe from my aunt and tried it out almost 6 months after I had written it down!It is simple as always but full of flavor.
1. Roasted black sesame seeds-2 tablespoons
2. Coconut grated-1/4 cup
3. Red chillies-4
4. Tamarind – a small piece
5. Salt to taste
To season :
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Mustard-1/2 a teaspoon
Jeera-1/2 a teaspoon
Redchilli 1 or 2 [optional]
Urad dhal/1/2 a teaspoon
Curry leaves-a few
1. Grind all the ingredients 1-5 to a smooth paste adding a little water
2. Heat a small pan with oil and put in the seasonings.
3. When the dal turns brown and curry leaves crisp ,pour over the ground chuntney
4. Mix well and serve with a breakfast dish of your choice.
Labels: Sesame Seeds, tiffinsides, Vegan varieties, Whoz on my side