One girl ,who is around 13 years ,prepares bread upma for her family one day and that’s exactly when their family friend drops in [with his family, of course].The friend’s wife[who also happens to be the best friend of the girl's mom]is surprised at this prospect and wants to taste it. The mother, not having tasted it herself, is a bit hesitant, yet goes ahead to offer it to her. The friend tastes it and appreciates the girl.. The girl is full of pride for this is one her first ventures in the kitchen.
The same girl, now grown up is in the kitchen ,standing there with a look of predicament on her face. It is a weekend and she has woken up late.She is wondering what to prepare for breakfast as her folks are bored with the regular stuffs and to top it all ,they are hungry the minute they woke-up. The need for a quick breakfast is eminent.
She checks the pantry and finds a packet of noodles and a few slices of bread in the bread-box. Out of the blue she remembers the bread upma she prepared years ago.She is truly inspired and prepares Sesame vegetable noodles
and bread upma.. Quick and filling breakfast!!!
Now that you guessed who the girl is, let’s go to recipe
Mixed veggies [carrots,beans,corn,peas,potato]
Jeera-1/2 a teaspoon
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves / spring onions – to garnish
1. Tear or cut the bread slices and keep aside
2. Chop the veggies finely and microwave till cooked.Alternatively you can also cook them on a stove top.
3. Meanwhile heat a pan with oil and put in jeera
4. When it crackles, add ginger garlic paste and sauté for aminute.
5. Add the chopped onion and sauté till transparent
6. Add tomatoes and cook till mushy
7. Add chilli powder,salt[if needed] and soya sauce[may contain salt,so taste and add salt if required]
8. Cook for a few minutes.
9. Add the cooked veggies into the pan and mix well.
10. Put in the bread slices and mix.
11. Cover for a few minutes and stir once in a while.
12. Once all the ingredients are well mixed, remove from heat and serve warm garnished with coriander leaves/spring onion greens.
I have not mentioned the quantity of ingredients as you can vary them and yet will be good to taste….