I am not joking.This dessert can be prepared under 10 minutes....Before I go on to the actual recipe,let me tell you what made me prepare this one...MEC-Halwa is being hosted at Kamalika's Blog.[You may be knowing that MEC is the brain child of Srivalli @ Cooking 4 all seasons] . The deadline drawing near, I had to come up with some halwa in the microwave and today I remembered bookmarking oats halwa from Ramya's Blog .So I set to prepare it and it took me less than 10 minutes from start to finish.It is a very simple recipe and u can stir it up when u have unexpected guests and need to complete the meal with a dessert.Now to the recipe..
Almonds-to garnish[I used 5]
Sending it to Kamalika's blog for MEC- Halwa...
- Melt ghee in a microwave safe bowl and put in the chopped almonds and microwave on high for 2 minutes or till light brown.Keep aside.
- Dissolve sugar in hot water and keep aside.
- Powder oats.You will have around 1 cup of powder now.
- Roast it in a microwave safe bowl on high for 2 minutes.
- Mix the roasted oats powder and sugar syrup.See that u don't get any lumps.
- Put it back into the microwave and microwave on high for 3 minutes [or till u get the halwa consistency.I microwaved it for exactly 3 minutes].Stir at the end of every minute.
- Put in the almonds along with the ghee at the end of the second minute.
- Yummy yum oats halwa is ready....The cup I used is the one which comes with the rice cooker and the quantity of halwa prepared is sufficient for one person.Add more sugar if you want a sweeter halwa.
Also sending it to FIC White hosted by Lubna of Kitchen flavours,an event started by Sunshinemom .
Labels: Diwali Sweets, Microwave Magic, Oats, Sweet temptations