A simple rice dish that can be prepared with fresh/leftover rice,that can be a change from the regular rice and dhal combo. When you are in a hurry to prepare a quick dish,or too tired to cook something elaborate try this one.Mom used to pack this in my lunchbox for a change.I love this with roast/fried potato curry and pickle esp.with mango thokku. This is also served as a part of festive treats and also distributed as prasad in temples.
Rice,cooked -1 cup[Grains should be seperate ]
Lemon juice-1 tablespoon or to taste
Red / green chillies-4
Roasted groundnut-2 tablespoons
Grated ginger-1 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Coriander leaves to garnish
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Salt to taste
Jeera-1/2 a teaspoon
Split urad dhal-1/2 a teaspoon
Gram /channa dhal-1/2 a teaspoon
- Heat oil in a pan and put in the seasonings.
- When the mustard splutters and the dhals turn brown,add the red chillies/slit green chillies,grated ginger,groundnut,curry leaves,turmeric powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Switch off the heat when the curry leaves turn crisp.
- Put in the rice and salt and mix well so that the rice and seasonings are evenly spread.
- Mix the lemon juice and garnished with coriander leaves
- Serve with pappad or vegetable curry or pickle.
Sending it to FIC -Yellow -a fun food event based on colors hosted by Sunshinemom
Labels: KLBRice, Rendezvous with Rice, Vegan varieties