Broccoli-1 head,broken into florets
Potato-1 small,peeled and cubed
Garlic - 1 clove,finely chopped
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pressure cook broccoli and potato with a little water.
- Cool and puree together [use the water remaining after you pressure cook the veggies] .
- Heat butter in a pan and put in the cumin seeds.
- When it crackles put in the finely chopped garlic and saute till the garlic turns brown.
- Put in the pureed broccoli mixture ,add enough water[Quantity of water depends on how thick/watery you want the soup to be]
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
This soul warming soup goes to Trupti's blog who is hosting Winter Treats .
When I first wanted to try my hands on Broccoli soup,the searches the net but some of them seemed too complicated so I formulated my own method.Hence sending it to Culinarty's Original Recipe event hosted by Lore.