Yesterday I caught the first glimpse of snow.It was not only the first one of the season but also the first one in my life!!!I was too happy for words.We went out and enjoyed a few moments[read- hours] in the snow.This sort of cold climate calls in for something warm from your kitchen but I hate to spend too much time for it.So here is quick soup that is guaranteed to comfort you .....
Broccoli-1 head,broken into florets
Potato-1 small,peeled and cubed
Garlic - 1 clove,finely chopped
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pressure cook broccoli and potato with a little water.
- Cool and puree together [use the water remaining after you pressure cook the veggies] .
- Heat butter in a pan and put in the cumin seeds.
- When it crackles put in the finely chopped garlic and saute till the garlic turns brown.
- Put in the pureed broccoli mixture ,add enough water[Quantity of water depends on how thick/watery you want the soup to be]
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
This soul warming soup goes to Trupti's blog who is hosting Winter Treats
When I first wanted to try my hands on Broccoli soup,the searches the net but some of them seemed too complicated so I formulated my own method.Hence sending it to Culinarty's Original Recipe
event hosted by Lore.
Labels: Slurpy soups