Black Bean Salad

Like I said before,black is my favorite color.And guess what this months theme in FIC is?!Its purple or black..


I have already posted on my favorite color [Check it out here.]So,I prepared a new one for this event -A salad not only for dieters but to suit everyones tastebuds.


You need:[For one portion/serving, I used the following]

Black beans- a handful
Corn-1 teaspoon
Green peas-1 teaspoon
Carrot, grated-1/2 a teaspoon
Pepper powder to taste
Lemon juice- to taste
Salt to taste


1.Soak beans for 5 hours,drain and pressure cook with just enough water till done.Don't let it get mushy.
2.Boil corn and green peas till done.
3.In a bowl put in the beans,corn,peas,salt,pepper powder,lemon juice and toss well.
4.Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.[I liked it chilled].


Also sending it to Vegan ventures #2 hosted by Suganya of Tasty Palettes and to My legume love affair-fifth helping started by Susan, now hosted by Simona.

Labels: ,