RAVA LADDOO

This is one sweet that my grandpa loves.So,this time when we went to visit my grandparents,mom made these yummy laddoos for him.Since I was asking her for this recipe dad dutifully took a snap an sent it to me along with the recipe from mom.I wanted to post this earlier but somehow kept postponing it.So posting it now for sweet series - Chikki and Laddu

You need:

Rava [Suji] -1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Ghee - 1/2 cup or lesser
Fried Cashews
Raisins
Cardamom powder - A pinch

1.Dry roast rava on low heat,but don't let it brown.
2.Let it cool and powder finely.
3.Powder the sugar and mix rava and sugar.
4.Put in the cashes ,raisins,cardamom powder.
5.Mix all the ingredients.
6.Melt ghee .
7.Make a well in the rava mixture and pour a little ghee into it.
8.Mix it with the surrounding rava and make balls of desired size.
9.Repeat this by adding ghee-a little at a time .[Take care while using hot ghee. ]
10.Store in a container.

Labels: ,