I made a batch of my favorite potato crisps last week and I recommend you try and it and enjoy these as a snack or with lunch.
Potatoes - 1 kg
Jeera/Cumin seeds - 2 teaspoons
Green chillies -5 [Adjust to taste]
Salt to taste
- Boil potatoes ,peel and mash well.
- Gring the green chilles with a little water to a fine paste.
- Mix the green chilli paste ,jeera,salt with the mashed potato.
- Put out a plastic sheet/clean white cloth in a sunnyspot.
- Make small balls of the potato and put on the sheet and flatten it with your fingers.
- Cover with another plastic sheet.
- Let it dry till evening and bring it indoors.
- Turn over the crisps the next day so that both sides are dry.
- Store in an air tight container
- Fry in oil when required.
I used the roti-maker to flatten the potato mixture[Without power suppy,ofcourse!].Place the potato balls in between a small greased plastic sheet and press like preparing chappati/roti and carefully invert the flatened crisps onto the bigger sheet /cloth.
Labels: Potato, Sun Dried / Preserves, Vatral recipes, Vegan varieties