Summer is the best time to prepare sundried veggies.It comes in handy when we run out of vegetables for sambar or raita.
Also known as Black nightshade,manathakkali has many healing and soothing properties.The greens of the plant can be cooked with dhal to get a delicious kootu or stir fried.
I just love manathakkai vatral-be it in vathakuzambu ,raita or with steaming rice and ghee.
Here is how you too can prepare this vatral at home.
Green berries [Manathakkali]
- Pick out the clean berries and wash well.
- Soak them in sour curd adding a little salt.
- Keep stirring it once a day for 3 days.
- Drain the curd and spread the berries on a clean plate/plastic sheet.
- Dry it in the sun till dry and crisp.
- Store in airtight container.
Labels: No cook recipes, Sun Dried / Preserves, Vegan varieties