This is a south Indian version of ‘khadi’,usually prepared with sour curds.Any vegetable can be used in this prepareation and it is soooo easy to prepare. Served with rice it gives a variation from the routine rice –sambar combination.
Sour /Fresh curd – 2 cups
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Besan [Bengal gram flour]- 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Vegetable of your choice – Boiled
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds – ½ teaspoon
Asafoeteda – a pinch
Coconut oil / Sunflower oil – 1Tablespoon
Grind to a smooth paste :
Green chillies – 4
Ginger – 1” piece
Grated cocnut – 5 tablespoons
Jeera – ½ teaspoon
1. Beat curd well adding salt and turmeric powder
2. Heat oil in a kadai and add the seasonings
3. When done add the beaten curd,ground paste and the boiled vegetables.
4. Add a little water to the besan and keep aside
5. When the curd mixture starts to boil, blend in the besan paste.
The mixture will thicken on boiling.
6. When it reaches the desired consistency,remove from heat and serve with rice
If you are using veggies like ladies finger,add it after the seasonings and fry for a few minutes and continue the other steps.
Labels: Better Half, Khadi Varieties, Sides for Rice, Yumm Yoghurt