Masal dosa is something I used to prepare often years ago.But that trend has disappeared and now I just make plain dosas / vegetable uthappams.For a change, I made this spicy onion roast when I had a sudden craving for spicy foods!
I used :
Onion - 2, finely chopped
Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Sambar powder- 1 1/2 teaspoons
Curry leaves- a few, finely chopped
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds.
- When it splutters, add the ginger garlic paste,curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Next add the onions and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add salt and sambar powder.
- Cook for a few mire minutes on low flame.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat a griddle and pour a ladle full of batter in the centre and spread it to the thin circle.
- When the edges leave the sides, flip it over and cook for 2 minutes,till cooked.
- Again flip it over and spread a little of the onion mixture on one half of the dosa.
- Close with the other half and remove from the griddle
- Try adding pav bhaji masala or any other spice mix of your choice instead of sambar powder.
- You can increase the quantity of sambar powder or add chili powder to increase the spiciness quotient.
Take a look at the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#28